What did I learn at IIT?

on Friday, October 16, 2009

The Youtube video shared by Navneet, one of my college junior took me back to my golden IIT days. I kept thinking about classes, pressures, fun times, meals, friends, hostels and everything that forms a college life. From the day I entered the hallowed campus, situated very close Raj Bhawan in Chennai, I could feel the excitement. Ragging at IIT, though officially banned, serves the right purpose of you knowing your  hostel mates. Long class schedules together with workshops and lab classes just kills you in the first year. And, slowly you get used to the hardships of putting night out for the quiz and preparing for the event. But, finally what do you learn? Is it lectures given by umpteen professors at IIT?

No, at least in my case. I hardly can remember something now.  Am I mentally more strong? I would say, yes. I can seriously take more pressure. Can I take more challenges? Yes. I have become a believer of hard work.  There are no shortcuts in life. You have to walk on fire to cross it. Can I mix easily? Yes. I can eat mess food at IIT Madras and live with students of every known region in the country and mingle with them. Can I apply myself? Yes. I have done this in past and I always think and apply my knowledge to solve my problems.  Yes, above that I always want to know bigger things in life.  The IIT journey has prepared me to search my destiny and work for others.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very true dude...very very true!!!!!!!!!! ~ Navneet

Mirage said...

Yes, I know. Even in a spell of crisis these days, I would fall back to one of the lessons learnt that would dispel the gloom and fill me with charges again. Nostalgic, I must say...