Gita Shibir – Day3

on Wednesday, March 03, 2010

It was last day of the Shibir. Few of our classmates were in ethnic Kurtas. Swamiji dedicated good part of time answering to queries on yesterday’s session.

The first topic of the day was on stress management and graceful acceptance. I should know what I can control and what I cannot. For any task that I undertake I have full control over my actions but no control over the outcome. I should focus all my energies towards my actions without worrying about results. Outcome is a function of many know variables and unknown variables. Some of these known variables are controllable and some of them are not.  Task well performed should always give happiness whether your result is failure or successful. I should have humility to manage success. I should thank others and almighty for their grace. I should also accept failures in the right spirit. I should learn from my mistakes, understand my limitations and move forward. I should let myself feel unhappy by failures. This would lead to a happy and prosperous life. Be committed to your work and perform duty to perfection.

There were 3 sessions in the afternoon session.

First one was on human personalities namely, Sattvik, Rajasik, Tamasik. Sattvik is someone who has calm, compose, balance mind. He believes in inclusive growth and equanimity in success and failure. He is committed to a worthy cause including the well being of others. Rajasik person is a selfish, committed to personal gains and exclusive in nature. Tamasik has a narrow-minded head and irrational in his thought process. Emotional growth is journey from Tamas to Rajas stressing on performing duties whereas Rajas to Sattva path is shift to being a net contributor for spiritual growth.

Second topic of the afternoon session was on Leadership and division of duties in Vedic societies. Brahmana is a scholarly person who teaches and preaches wisdom to society. A try Sattvik person by nature. Kshatriya is a leader who protects the society. He is a courageous person who is ready to face any challenges. Vaishya is a trader who upkeeps accounts and sales good and commodities. Shudra is a Tamasik, a laborer who used to help others with the daily chores and other mundane works.

Lastly, we learnt art of self-management. Kama, Krodha and Lobha are the three elements we need to manage. To control our ambitions, we need to include others, enjoy happiness with others. We need to be compassionate for others, reduce our expectations and accept the world to manage anger. We need to be contended with whatever we have and then look for finding happiness in sharing.

We should be self-accepting and self-assuring. Prayer has an important part in one’s life as there are things beyond anybody’s control. We should seek help and thank almighty.

For me, it was intense 3 days of learning. It has given me strength to move ahead with peace and prosperity.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I have developed a new clean web 2.0 wordpress theme.

Has 2 colours silver and blue, has custom header(colour or image).
I am curently working on it, so if you have suggestions let me know.

You can view live demo and download from here www.getbelle.com
If you found bug reports or you have suggestions pm me.
Wish you a happing using.

many thanks to [url=http://www.usainstantpayday.com/]USAInstantPayDay.com[/url] for helping with hosting and developement of the theme
routtysedeeld